About Mrs. Marcus

I am a graduate of Western Michigan University where I received my bachelor’s degree. I received my master’s degree from North Park University in Chicago. I have previously taught in the north suburbs of Chicago before moving back to my homestate of Michigan. After spending a few years at home raising my boys, I was fortunate to get back into teaching at Holmes Elementary. I have experience in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grades. This is my third year at Jeffers, and I’m really excited for another great school year!

My son Matthew is an 11th grader, and Jacob is an 8th grader in GHAPS. My husband, Jeff, works for GHAPS.  We have a sweet dog named Bailey that I’m sure you will hear many stories about. We live in Grand Haven and love the Lake Michigan area!

When I’m not teaching, I love to travel with my family and explore nature.  My boys keep me busy with their activities. Water polo and cross country are their sports of choice. I also enjoy gardening, hanging out with my boys, golfing, photography, and READING great books.

“There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots; the other, wings.”
Hodding Carter 

One thought on “About Mrs. Marcus